Pages

My Conversation with an Uber Driver


I don't do much driving, so I tend to use public transportation a lot. Everything from trains to taxis. Meeting new people has become somewhat of a routine for me. I'm always fishing for a good story. Which is why i enjoy photographing people so much. I've learned that we all want to tell our story to someone. So I recently struck up a conversation with an Uber driver that I felt the need to share with you all.

Kunal came to the United States from India 12 years ago. He expressed to me how his parents died when he was only 3 years old. He basically grew up alone in boarding school. I can only imagine how hard that experience must have been for him. He told me that the first few months were the toughest.

We continued to talk the entire ride about society, traveling & each other's unique perspective of the human culture. As he spoke to me, I snapped a few pictures. Which led to us talking about my photography. He was very kind and very open with me. I've done a lot of traveling thanks to my camera skills. One thing I've learned is to be humble. The more people I meet, the more I blossom as a person. The more I learn about the Human experience.

I promised him I would share this on my blog. Let's all send him blessings!

#ThinkAndCreate

No comments:

Post a Comment